Sleep Well, LiveWELL
LiveWELL and their partners want to make sure you are getting the best, most restful sleep possible. If you or one of your coworkers is having trouble getting enough sleep, use the helpful information below.
Chronic poor sleep can leave you irritable, prone to weight gain, and at higher risk for serious illness. Healthcare worker fatigue can negatively affect performance, patient safety and overall well-being.
Assess your sleep habits:
- How much sleep do you need? According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine:
- Adult (18-60 years): 7 or more hours per night
- Adult (61-64 years): 7-9 hours
- Adult (65 years and older): 7-8 hours
- Do you have issues with sleeping? Take the " Do I Snore" quiz
- Make small steps to improve your sleep with the help of the Smart Tips for Successful Sleep Handout
- Use the Sleep Diary to track your sleep patterns. This may be useful if you need to seek medical advice from a provider who specializes in sleep disorders
Power of Sleep Series
Sleep sounds simple but for some sleep is an elusive idea. Do you struggle with sleep? It’s not as easy as laying down and closing your eyes. If you’re looking for ways to improve your quantity and quality of sleep. In this 3-day series you will learn why sleep is important and what steps you can take to improve you sleep habits.
Registration will be available here
Power of Sleep Winter 2023
Thursdays | February 9 through February 23 | 12:30 to 1:00 p.m.
Power of Sleep Spring 2023
Mondays | May 15 through May 29 | 12:30 to 1:00 p.m.
Power of Sleep Summer 2023
Wednesdays | August 16 through August 30 | 12:30 to 1:00 p.m.
Power of Sleep Fall 2023
Tuesdays | October 3 Through October 17 | 12:30 to 1:00 p.m.