We created the New Teammate Orientation program to help make it as easy as possible for you to become a fully engaged member of our workforce and our culture of caring.
Atrium Health is closely monitoring developments and continuously preparing for the potential impact of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Our infection prevention team has been working with local and national agencies for the past several weeks, studying what is known about the virus, tracking its spread, and preparing our clinical teams to address potential cases and questions.
As teammates in healthcare, we all have a special role to play so that we can support our communities and patients. To help minimize the risks to our teammates and patients we serve, rather than gathering as a large group for Teammate Orientation, you will now be completing a Welcome to Atrium Health eLearning module within five (5) days of your start date. This eLearning will include access to the “System of Integrity” Code of Conduct Handbook and an Orientation Guide with important information and steps to take during your first week.
Your First Week
- Before your start date, speak with your leader (via phone or email) to confirm you know important pre-orientation details such as where to report on your first and second day, appropriate dress codes, work-area specific information and more.
- If you have not been contacted by your leader prior to your first day, please reach out to your Talent Acquisition Consultant directly.
- Your first day of employment will be Monday of your first week. All teammates will need to receive their badges and complete their tax forms:
Atrium Health Center for Learning and Development, 5039 Airport Center Pkwy, Building K, Charlotte, NC 28208
- Arrival Times:
Please refer to the following schedule to limit the risk of large groups of people visiting Building K at the same time:
- 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. - Nurse teammates
- 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. - All other teammates, last names begin with A – M
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. - All other teammates, last names begin with N – Z
- You will be greeted at the front entrance and directed to a conference room to obtain your photo ID badge.
- Once you obtain your badge, you will be free to leave, and you will be paid a full day for Monday
- All teammates will complete a Welcome to Atrium Health eLearning module within 5 days of your start date. Your leader will provide further instructions to complete this eLearning module.
- Nurses and Patient Care Support roles have a full week of orientation.
- Please speak to your Talent Acquisition partner if you have any questions. Their contact information is at the bottom of your offer letter.
Nurses and Patient Care Support Roles Have a Full Week of Orientation
Your badge is a visible symbol that you are now a member of our family. While at work, always display your badge with the photo facing out on your collar, lapel or front pocket.
- Stay home when you are feeling ill with fever/respiratory symptoms. Teammates with cold or flu-like symptoms should notify Teammate Health at 704-631-0200, so teammate illness can be monitored.
- Hand Hygiene is essential, as is coughing/sneezing into your elbow. Continue to use proactive standard infection prevention techniques.
- Take steps now to prepare for how you will handle possible disruptions in childcare and other personal responsibilities so that you are available to provide vital care for our communities.
Atrium Health is also instituting new meeting and travel restrictions for teammates effective immediately and will be in place for the next 60 days, unless and until they are lifted, extended or modified. In the event you have travel plans to any high-risks area you will be required to register your travel plan with Teammate Health TeammateHealthExposures@AtriumHealth.org. Please speak to your leader once you arrive in your department for further instructions and information as needed.