Based on the unique patient population and challenges in each job, you are required to pass a health assessment and physical abilities test as a condition of employment. Your offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including but not limited to background checks, education and employment verifications, licensure verification and health assessment.
Your Offer of Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the following:
- Online I-9 Form
- Health Assessment – Know what to expect at your new teammate health assessment, including the paperwork you may need to bring with you.
- Note: You may be required to take your teammate badge photograph at that time.
- Background Check
You will receive a communication upon successful completion of all pre-employment requirements to confirm your Orientation date.
Before Your Appointments
- Prior to your Health Assessment:,complete the online I-9 Form and the Health History Form.
- Both the Health Assessment and Physical Ability Assessment may take up to 1.5 hours each to complete
- Be on time to your appointments. Rescheduling of these appointments may delay your Orientation date
- Do not bring children to either appointment. If a child is brought to an appointment, for his/her safety and well-being, your appointment will be rescheduled for a later time, which could delay your Orientation date
- Take time to review the Orientation page, so you are prepared for your day of new teammate orientation.
1. Online I-9 Form
Complete the online I-9 Form for Employment Eligibility Verification.
You may need to create an account.
- Use the code CarolinasI9. (Code is case-sensitive.)
- Please make sure when you get to the My Forms screen, you must click on the Orange Button that says “+Add New Form” to take you to the next section of the process.
- Be prepared to bring supporting documents for your work authorization to your upcoming health assessment.
- See the list of acceptable documents to show your identity and authorization to work in the United States.
2. Health Assessment
What to Bring
Your new teammate health assessment will consist of the following:
- Drug screen
- Confirmation of immunization history
- Review of Health History Form
- Tuberculosis / TB Skin Test
- Medical statement review (if applicable)
- Employment eligibility verification (review of I-9 form and supporting documents)
- Please come prepared to take your Atrium Health ID Badge photo
If you need to reschedule your Health Assessment, contact your HR Associate directly.
3. Background Check
Within 24 hours of receiving your Atrium Health offer of employment, you will receive an email from Sterling from firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the background check process.