Take the Next Step in Your Education
Atrium Health Career Development programs offer an Inside Up approach to teammate development. Teammates are encouraged to use tuition and professional development reimbursement for continuous learning. When teammates develop and apply new skills, they support the vision of Atrium Health to become the first and best choice for care.
New! Educational Assistance Benefit Policies effective January 2021
The existing policy will become two policies:
Key changes include:
- The new 2021 education benefits apply to courses ending in 2021 or later
- After 90 days of employment, full and part-time teammates are eligible for up to $3,000 for degree seeking courses; and up to $1,500 for continuing education courses
- PRN teammates: Please note, your $1,500 in continuing education benefits for 2021 will be accessible at the end March or early April. Please hold on to your 2021 continuing education course information (CEUs required). You will be able to enter course information into the EdAssist portal at that time
- Critical Need Course of Study and years of service tiers removed. All courses of study are eligible for the maximum annual amount
- Degree and Academic Credit courses must be from a regionally accredited institution. Visit https://ope.ed.gov/accreditation to learn if a school you are considering is regionally accredited.
- After the most recent Degree/Academic credit reimbursement there will be a one-year work requirement
What is Education Assistance?
Provides teammates with financial reimbursement for approved academic and continuing education course expenses. We are excited to partner with Bright Horizons EdAssist to improve educational assistance benefits to all teammates, including PRN teammates.
Updated benefits include:
Access the EdAssist Portal
Log in to EdAssist
Use your Atrium Health username and password to log in.
EdAssist Support Is Available
By Phone: 833.211.2710 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm
Live Chat on your Ed Assist Portal: Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm
- Free, Expert Academic and Finance Guidance: Get a customized education plan, assistance with the admissions process, and tips on how to pay for your education
- Exclusive Discounts: Save on tuition, application fees, and more at 220+ accredited schools
- Discounted rates at select schools: https://clients.brighthorizons.com/atriumhealth/matrix
- An Automated System: Apply online and receive status alerts via email notifications
Take a few minutes to watch this video outlining the benefits of the EdAssist Portal.
Who is Eligible to Apply
Full-time and part-time Teammates with 20 or more standard hours per week and who have also completed their 90-day orientation period.
PRN Teammates are eligible to apply for Continuing Education dollars only
*PRN teammates: Please note, your $1,500 in continuing education benefits for 2021 will be accessible at the end March or early April. Please hold on to your 2021 continuing education course information (CEUs required). You will be able to enter course information into the EdAssist portal at that time
- Some teammates are provided alternative education benefits and are not eligible for assistance (i.e. Medical Residents, Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists).
Degrees and Academic Credit Policy Benefits
||Maximum Benefit Amount
|Certificates and Individual Courses
||$1,500 per year
Full-time and part-time teammates with standard hours of 20 or more per pay period and who have completed the 90-day orientation period
College Degree*: Clinical & Non-Clinical Associate, Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctorate, Ph.D.
*includes one-year work requirement
|$3,000 per year
Continuing Education Benefits
||Maximum Benefit Amount
|Continuing Education Units & Certifications
||$1,500 per year
||Full-time, part-time with standard hours of 20 or more per week and PRN teammates who have completed the 90-day orientation period
What is covered?
- Teammates may receive some paid expenses related to taking a course. This may include tuition, required textbooks, course registration, and lab fees.
- Teammates will not be reimbursed for certain expenses. This may include any tools, supplies, equipment that may be kept after course completion (except textbooks), meals, lodging, transportation, courses involving sports, games, or hobbies (unless this education is part of a degree program), license renewal, testing fees, membership, and similar fees.
Apply for Education Assistance Reimbursement
Apply for reimbursement through a two-step process of 1) Preapproval and 2) Reimbursement:
1. How to Receive Preapproval
Submit a preapproval request as early as possible or at least 10 days before the education is scheduled to begin.
- Collect needed information to complete the online form, such as:
- Course Information/Program Name
- Begin/End Dates
- Course Number
- Organization and Location
- Projected Costs
- Review the Confirmation page and Submit the Application.
- The Tuition Reimbursement Team reviews the application.
- Teammates will receive next steps via email and see an update in their EdAssist Portal.
2. How to Receive Reimbursement
- Once your course has received preapproval and you have successfully completed, and within 60 days of completing the course you will submit the following documents to your online EdAssist Portal
- Itemized receipt with proof of payment (student payment, loans, etc.)
- For college course completion, a copy of course transcripts:
- For undergraduate courses, with grade of C or better
For graduate courses, with grade of A or B
For continuing education course completion, certificate of completion/letter of attendance
Please allow a minimum of 30 business days from the submission date to receive your direct deposit reimbursement.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tuition and Continuing Education frequently asked questions can be found on the EdAssist Portal.