Education That Works
Applications are being accepted April 15-May 13.
“I am so thankful to have been chosen to be a part of this program.”
Manny Bendana, Sr. HR Associate, HR Service Center – 5 years at Atrium Health
“I’ve always wanted to go to college, but I was unable. The Education that Works program has changed my whole life. With this opportunity I can achieve my goal of a career in Information Technology. This is an amazing opportunity that Atrium Health provides. If you can sign up, do it. You won’t regret it.“
The Atrium Health Education That Works (ETW) Program provides teammates with a path to earn a healthcare-related, Associate degree (a degree related to an Atrium Health position) or a healthcare related certification with pre-paid tuition, books and fees up to $5,250 per year (three-year maximum).
NEW! This year enrollment for this program includes any regional community college and Atrium Health Colleges.
Participants will be expected to earn their associate degree within three years or less or earn their certification within three years or less. Upon graduation, participants will be expected to continuing working at Atrium Health for at least one year.
Education That Works (ETW) Eligibility Requirement
Atrium Health teammates must meet the following criteria to apply:
- Any GCR or WFB Teammate
- Have a high school diploma, GED, HISET or high school equivalency diploma
- Do not currently hold a college degree
- Employed with Atrium Health for at least one year prior to completion of the ETW application
- An overall score of meets expectations or above on the most recent annual Performance Review
- Annual income of $45,000 or less
- Enroll in at least six credit hours each semester, until completion of degree (some exceptions will be considered)
Before you apply
Please be sure you are able commit to enroll and attend classes and consider your current work schedule. Returning to school while working is rewarding, but also involves sacrifice. Most participating colleges offer online classes. The ability to participate in virtual and online learning and self-leadership skills will be extremely important for students’ success.
Please apply only if you are certain you can maintain your current work schedule and continuous enrollment for fall and spring semesters.
The Workforce Development team will offer Career Coaching and other supportive services to selected participants to support their success in this program.
How to Apply
- GCR teammates apply here:
- Wake Forest Baptist teammates apply through the Wake Forest Baptist Intranet