A leave for eligible teammates who need time away to care for a qualifying family member (spouse, child, or parent- but not parent “in-law”) with a serious health condition.
- Teammates eligible for FMLA benefits may take up to 12 work weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in a rolling 12-month period for medical and family related reasons.
- Family Care Leave will be approved only for the length of time the qualifying family member’s health-care provider certifies.
- Family Care Leave under the FMLA may be taken as continuous, intermittent, or reduced schedule based upon medical need.
- Teammates have the option to use accrued benefit time (PTO) if available or go unpaid during an approved Family Care Leave.
Returning From Leave
- Teammates returning to work from a Family Care Leave must complete the Return from Family Care Leave form and upload it in LeavePro prior to the end of the leave.
Teammates who would like to proceed with requesting a leave of absence, can log into LeavePro to begin this process. When requesting a leave in LeavePro, teammates should select “Plan a Leave.” For the type, teammates should select “Family Health Condition” when requesting a leave to care for a qualifying family member.