A leave for eligible teammates who have a serious health condition that prevents them from performing their job duties.
- Teammates eligible for FMLA benefits may take up to 12 work weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) in a rolling 12-month period for medical and family related reasons.
- Teammates not eligible for FMLA benefits will:
- Automatically have their request reviewed to see if they are eligible for Atrium Health’s Medical Leave Plan (Non-FMLA) or under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Medical related leave will be approved only for the length of time your health-care provider certifies.
- Medical Leave under the FMLA may be taken as continuous, intermittent, or reduced schedule based upon medical need.
- Medical Leave under the Atrium Health Medical Leave Plan (Non-FMLA) can only be taken on a continuous basis.
- Teammates who are eligible for Short-Term Disability (STD), may be eligible to receive pay during their leave. Contact MetLife at 1-800-421-7014 to file a claim.
- Teammates have the option to use accrued benefit time (PTO) if they are not receiving STD benefits.
- Teammates should not be receiving both STD benefits and using PTO during the same period.
Returning From Leave
- Teammates who are returning from a leave of absence for their own serious health condition must be cleared by the health care provider before returning to work.
- Teammates can provide their healthcare provider with the Fitness for Duty form that is included in their determination letter, to indicate that the teammate can return to work.
Teammates who would like to proceed with requesting a leave of absence, can log into LeavePro to begin this process. To request a leave in LeavePro, teammates should select “Plan a Leave.” For the type, teammates should select “Your Own Health Condition” when requesting a medical leave.