Sleep Well, LiveWELL
Atrium Health cares about you and the safety of our patients.
Chronic poor sleep can leave you irritable, prone to weight gain, and at higher risk for serious illness. Healthcare worker fatigue can negatively affect performance, patient safety and overall well-being.
LiveWELL and their partners want to make sure you are getting the best, most restful sleep possible. If you or one of your coworkers is having trouble getting enough sleep use this helpful information:
Assess your sleep habits:
- How much sleep do you need? According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine:
- Newborn (0-3 months): No recommendation has been provided by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Infant (4-12 months): 12-16 hours per 24 hours (including naps)
- Toddler (1-2 years): 11-14 hours per 24 hours (including naps)
- Preschool (3-5 years): 10-13 hours per 24 hours (including naps)
- School Age (6-12 years): 9-12 hours per 24 hours
- Teen (13-18 years): 8-10 hours per 24 hours
- Adult (18-60 years): 7 or more hours per night
- Adult (61-64 years): 7-9 hours
- Adult (65 years and older): 7-8 hours
- Take the Sleep Apnea Quiz
- Use the Sleep Diary to track your sleep patterns; this may be useful if you need to seek medical advice for a provider who specializes in sleep disorders
If your sleep problems persist or interfere with your daily functions, you may need to see medical advice from a provider who specializes in sleep disorders. Learn more about the Atrium Health Sleep Medicine Program.
Watch this LiveWELL Personal Well-being Webinar:
Catch Some Better Zzz’s On-Demand Webinar
Are you ready to catch some better ZZZs? Topics covered in this LiveWELL Personal Well-being webinar include:
- importance of sleep
- evidence-based health benefits of sufficient sleep
- how to create better sleeping habits
- how to avoid sleep deprivation
- how to create a personal goal for improving your sleep hygiene