Healthy Weight Reward
The Healthy Weight Reward encourages teammates to maintain or achieve healthier weight and waist measurements that do not create health risks or complicate existing risks.
If your weight is 20 or more pounds above the Healthy Weight zone (view the 2019 Healthy Weight Reward Zones chart), the risk of chronic conditions is greatly increased. Chronic conditions include diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, stroke, heart disease, certain cancers and arthritis. The good news is just 5 – 10% weight loss (typically 15 pounds) can dramatically reduce your risk of diabetes by 40 – 60%.
See how to earn your reward below, plus:
Earn Your $300 Healthy Weight Reward
Qualify for the Healthy Weight Reward in one of three ways:
- Healthy Weight
- Weight AND Healthy Waist (women 35" or less; men 40" or less)
- Weight Loss of 15 pounds
To submit your measurements:
- Get measured by an Acceptable Professional using the 2019 Healthy Weight Reward Form.
- Follow the instructions on the 2019 Healthy Weight Reward form to submit your measurements to LiveWELL:
- For the 15-pound weight loss reward calculation, the last weight recorded with LiveWELL in 2018 will be used as your 2019 start weight, unless a new start weight is submitted in 2019.
- If HWR goal is met at first weight in (Height, weight and waist if needed), submit the Healthy Weight Reward Form.
- If HWR goal is not met at first weigh in, submit the Healthy Weight Reward Form to record your initial weight. Submit a second Healthy Weight Reward form when a rewardable measurement (in one of the Reward Goal Zones) has been achieved.
Deadlines and Payout Dates
|Healthy Weight Reward
||Maintain or achieve a healthy weight and waist to reduce health risks. Weight loss of 15 lbs. or more earns the full reward
*Teammates who are paid monthly will receive their earned reward in May, August or December 2019
The Family Health Incentive is NOT a part of the Core Four Incentives, the $50 bonus or the Early Bird Prize drawing.
- Your Primary Care Physician (PCP) or OB/GYN, or healthcare provider
- LiveWELL Total Health Events
- LiveWELL Consultants. Contact the LiveWELL Consultant assigned to your facility for work-site events or hours
- LiveWELL Office 801 East Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203, Weigh in:
- Monday-Tuesday: 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- On-Site Care locations. Teammates may drop in at On-Site Care locations for measurements on a first-come, first-served basis. Seven locations are available:
- Carolinas Medical Center/Annex Building. Open 7 days a week, 7am-7pm. Call 704-355-9345 for availability
- Airport Center
- CHS NorthEast
- CHS Pineville
- CHS Stanly
- Atrium Health Union
- Atrium Health University City
CHS Cleveland T.R Harris Wellness Center. 201 East Grover Street, Shelby, NC 28150 Measurement hours:
- Tuesday 3:00 - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday 5:30 a.m. - 8 a.m.
- No measurements can be completed during patient rehabilitation hours.
- CHS NorthEast Wellness Center (formerly the Health and Fitness Institute). 1090 NorthEast Gateway Court, Suite 102, Concord, NC 28025, 704-403-9250.
- Carolinas Weight Management and Carolinas Weight Loss Surgery (or any physician-led weight management practice/program) Patients of the practice may have their weight documented by one of their providers.
- Other Weight Loss Program Leaders. If you are a member in a program such as Weight Watchers, Curves, Jenny Craig, etc., you may have your program leader document measurements; use the Healthy Weight Reward form
- Remote locations. If your work location is distant from any Atrium Health hospital and you are having difficulty finding a measurement options, we may have a Healthy Weight Reward champion near you. Please email Healthy Weight or contact Kelly A. Campbell at 704-446-3057 or Lauren Hatcher at 704-446-1816.
Download a full list of Weigh-in/measurement locations: List of Acceptable Professionals.
What to do to earn the Healthy Weight Reward (HWR)
Pregnancy and nursing mothers
Athletic/low body fat/extra muscle weight
Low weight (below Healthy Weight zone)
Medical Issues with which weight loss is not recommended
Other: Religious exemption or situations where weight loss is not recommended by your physician
Notice Regarding Wellness Programs and Protections from Disclosure of Medical Information