For Atrium Health Navicent Teammates
You can enroll for new benefit coverage or change your existing elections during the open enrollment period each fall. Effective January 1, 2023, if you are a new hire, you can enroll during the first 30 days of employment, and your benefits will begin the first day of employment.
Be sure to review your current elections and available options. If you do not make changes to your benefits coverage during the enrollment period, you will continue to have the same coverage for most benefits for 2022, except Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs). If you currently participate in a 2022 FSA or HSA, and you do not actively enroll during the annual enrollment period, you will not have a 2023 FSA or HSA contribution.
How to Enroll
You can call the Benefit Service Center at 1-800-964-4780 to enroll for coverage. You may speak to a call center representative Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST.
You can also enroll on your own in CORE Connect by following the below instructions.
Log into CORE Connect:
- Click “Me”
- Click on the “Benefits” tile
- Click “Make Changes” located directly underneath your profile picture
- Add or update any beneficiary/dependent information on the “People to Cover” screen if applicable
- Click “Continue” at the top of the page
- Click on “Navicent Health Benefits Program”
- Click on the “Edit” button for each plan you would like to make changes to
- When in each “plan” check and uncheck options applicable to your enrollment, be sure to designate any dependents to be covered
- Click “Continue”
- Repeat Steps 7-9 until finished make changes
- Scroll to the top and click “Submit”
- The Atrium Health Navicent Benefits Program Confirmation page should display. You will see a confirmation message that your benefits elections were submitted.
Changing Benefits During the Year
In accordance with federal regulations, once you enroll for benefits for the year, you cannot change those elections until the next enrollment period, unless you experience a “qualified life event.” You have 31 days after a qualifying event occurs to make changes to your coverage.
Qualified life events include:
- Birth or adoption of a child
- Marriage or divorce
- Death of a covered dependent
- A dependent reaching age 26
- Change in employment status for you or a covered dependent (such as moving from fulltime to part-time employment, or loss of a job, which may result in loss of other coverage)
Call the Atrium Health Navicent Benefit Service Center at 1-800-964-4780 or log into CORE Connect to enter the life event and update your benefit elections. Appropriate documentation must be submitted to verify the event and any added dependents. Failure to do so will result in loss of coverage.
Having a Baby? — Action Needed
If you are a covered member of an Atrium Health Navicent medical plan, remember to add your newborn to your medical coverage within 31 days of birth. Log in to CORE Connect or call the Benefit Service Center at 1-800-964-4780 to process your Qualified Life Event. Add the dependent to People To Cover and select the desired coverage. You MUST submit the newborn’s birth certificate to the Alight Dependent Verification Services within 31 days of date of birth, or the newborn will be dropped from coverage.