For Greater Charlotte Teammates
One-on-One Rx is a service designed to provide free medication reviews for Atrium Health teammates and their dependents. One-on-One Rx is a team of Atrium Health pharmacy professionals who are experts in the prescription benefit plans managed by CarolinaCARE Pharmacy. Our pharmacists strive to maintain and enhance therapeutic outcomes while saving our teammates money on their prescriptions.
Our services include:
- Individualized assessment of medication regimens.
- Education and counseling on medications.
- Collaboration with the patient and communication with the provider for recommendations on therapeutic and/or cost-effective alternatives.
- Resource referral to financial assistance for medications, if applicable.
Read the One-on-One Rx FAQs to learn more.
How To Schedule an Appointment
You can schedule your One-on-One Rx appointment online.
Appointments are available by phone or Video Visit Monday – Friday 8:30AM to 4:00PM, with select evening and weekend availability.
Schedule Your Appointment
Things To Know About Your One-on-One Rx Appointment
- Appointments may be completed by either a phone call from the pharmacist, or a Virtual Visit (i.e., an on-line chat using your smartphone, tablet, or computer).
- To qualify for a One-on-One Rx consultation, teammates must be on at least one chronic medication and have at least one chronic condition.
- One-on-One Rx appointments are available year-round to provide consultation as therapies may change.
- Dependents who are 18 years and older wishing to conduct a One-on-One Rx consultation must schedule their own appointment to meet HIPAA guidelines.
- The CarolinaCARE Price Estimator Tool is available on the CarolinaCARE website to help calculate approximate medication costs before your session.
- Castlight Cost Estimator is another useful tool which can aid in checking your accumulation towards your deductible.
- Some teammates may already be on the most optimal and cost-effective regimens, therefore the pharmacist may not have any further recommendations.
One-on-One RX FAQs
The Preventive Drug List
includes medications and supplies available for a set copay amount or reduced cost regardless of your deductible status. The Affordable Care Act List
includes medications and supplies available for $0 cost to you, as long as the federally mandated requirements are met.
The One-on-One Rx program provides pharmacists as a free resource for medication regimen review. With a comprehensive knowledge of the prescription health plans, our pharmacists can provide alternative recommendations that include medications from the Preventive Drug List
and the Affordable Care Act List
or may attempt to find another means of reducing drug costs for each individual.
All Atrium Health affiliated health plan participants, including spouses and dependents, are eligible for a One-on-One Rx appointment. Teammates with at least one (1) chronic condition (an ongoing problem you see your doctor for) and one (1) medication may be eligible for a monetary incentive. Refer to the benefits guide for your specific Plan.
CarolinaCARE is located in Charlotte, NC at the Airport Center. Our address is: 4400 Golf Acres Dr. Building J, Suite C Charlotte, NC 28208
Appointments may be completed by either a phone call from the pharmacist or a Virtual Visit (i.e., an online video chat using your smartphone, tablet, or computer). We also schedule off-site events at multiple Atrium Health facilities throughout the year. An email will be sent to teammates whenever we plan to visit your facility!
Appointments are scheduled in 30-minute intervals and are an informal way to have a conversation with your pharmacist about your medications. The pharmacist will review your prescriptions and over-the-counter medications for both therapeutic and cost effectiveness. If you have any concerns, the pharmacist will cover those topics in depth as well.
To maximize the time during your scheduled appointment, you may use the CarolinaCARE Price Estimator Tool
to check costs and your medical plan transparency tool for any accumulation towards your deductible. Please have your list of prescriptions, over-the-counter medications, and herbal supplements prepared, in addition to any questions or concerns.
The legal guardian of any dependent under 18 years old is able to discuss the dependent’s medication(s) with the pharmacist during the guardian’s appointment. Dependents 18 years and over must schedule their own One-on-One Rx appointment to discuss their medications and comply with HIPAA guidelines.
No! Our pharmacists are available year-round to assist teammates. If you have new questions/concerns or new medications you would like to discuss, feel free to contact us. NOTE: Monetary incentives may apply. Refer to your health plan benefit documents.
If you would like to contact us, you may reach a One-on-One Rx pharmacist by phone at 1-866-697-6800 or email us
If applicable to your health plan, it may take up to three weeks after your One-on-One Rx appointment until the incentive appears in the healthcare portal.