Greater Charlotte Region Teammates
One of the best ways you can care for your family’s financial well-being is to establish beneficiary designations on your life insurance, retirement accounts and Health Savings Account (HSA). Ensuring your beneficiaries are assigned and up-to-date gives you control of where your assets go and provides your family with peace of mind.
704-631-1500, choose Option 1
How to Update Your Beneficiaries
Watch this short, on-demand presentation for details on how to update your beneficiaries in CORE Connect and with Bank of America or Empower Retirement.
CORE Connect Basic Life Insurance and Supplemental Life Insurance
CORE Connect allows teammates to make changes to their beneficiaries. Follow these steps:
Job Aid - How to Add or Update Beneficiaries
- Follow the steps outlined in the job aid above to add any new beneficiary information on the People to Cover screen.
- Beneficiaries in CORE Connect cannot be deleted as they are part of a historical record. If a beneficiary is no longer needed, delete the current contribution percentage leaving the space next to that beneficiary’s name blank, then distribute the remaining 100% amongst your desired beneficiaries.
- Primary beneficiary: Person first in line to receive benefits in a will, trust, retirement account, life insurance policy, or annuity upon the account or trust holder’s death. An individual can name multiple primary beneficiaries and stipulate how distributions should be allocated.
- Contingent beneficiary: Person named to receive benefits if primary beneficiary is not alive upon account or trust holder’s death, or if primary beneficiary does not collect all benefits before his or her own death.
Note: If you need assistance in adding or updating beneficiaries, please call 704-631-1500, Option 1.
Bank of America: Health Savings Account
Empower Retirement: Atrium Health Retirement Accounts
- Log in to your account at AtriumHealth.org/Retirement
- Designate a beneficiary for each
account you have with Empower Retirement (please note
that a designee on one account does not apply to all
- Under Account Information click on