ADVANTAGE Retirement Plan
Works similarly to the 401(k) plan in that savings and earnings grow tax-free until dollars are withdrawn at retirement. The ADVANTAGE plan should be utilized as an additional pretax retirement plan to supplement the 401(k) plan.
||Atrium Health Contribution
|Up to 100% of eligible compensation ($19,500 max in 2020)
|Up to $6,500 in catch-up contributions (at age 50 for 2020)
Access & Manage Your Account
You can manage your Atrium Health Retirement accounts online 24/7.
Select the I Do Not Have a Pin tab. Follow the prompts to register.
Empower Retirement: 866-247-0970
If you have a retirement plan account through another employer for which Empower is the service provider, please call Empower Retirement to obtain a Username and Password.
Teammates who are at least 18 years of age are eligible to participate in the ADVANTAGE plan upon hire, including PRN teammates. This plan is available to our PRN teammates who are not eligible to contribute to the 401(k) Retirement Savings plan.
- Provides an additional savings plan where you can make additional pretax contributions after taking full advantage of the 401(k) and HSA plans.
- This plan is available to our PRN teammates who are not eligible to contribute to the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
- Contributions are automatically deducted before you pay current income taxes.
- Investments grow tax-deferred and are taxed only when you take a distribution.
- You may contribute a dollar amount between $1.00 and any dollar amount of your eligible pay, up to the annual IRS contribution limit of $19,500 in 2020.
- Catch-up contributions of $6,500 are allowed for teammates who will be age 50 & older in the current calendar year.
- The plan features immediate 100% vesting.
- Teammates can participate in both the 401(k) and the ADVANTAGE plans.
- Atrium Health does not make matching contributions to this plan.
Change Your 401(k) Plan Elections
To make a change to your 401(k) or Advantage Plan elections:
Log in to AtriumHealth.org/retirement
- Click on Account at the top of the page.
- Click on Contributions.
- Under My Contributions, you will see a list of your current elections.
- Click on Edit next to the option you want to change.
- Use the slider to make your desired change.
- Click Continue and follow the prompts to save your change.
If you have any questions, please contact Empower Retirement at 866-247-0970.