ADVANTAGE Retirement Plan
Works similarly to the 401(k) plan in that savings and earnings grow tax-free until dollars are withdrawn at retirement. The ADVANTAGE plan should be utilized as an additional pretax retirement plan to supplement the 401(k) plan.
||Atrium Health Contribution
|Up to 100% of eligible compensation ($19,500 max in 2020)
|Up to $6,500 in catch-up contributions (at age 50 for 2020)
Empower Retirement Accounts
For questions about your ADVANTAGE Retirement accounts contact Empower Retirement Services at 866-247-0970.
Access and Manage Your Account
Our partnership with Empower Retirement Plan Services has been designed to make retirement planning more convenient for you by streamlining your retirement plan benefits, with a dedicated phone number, website and committed retirement team at your service.
You can manage your Atrium Health Retirement accounts online 24/7.
Manage Your Retirement Accounts
- First-time Users:
- Log on to register your account. Select the I do not have a PIN tab
- Follow the prompts to enter your personal information and create a Username and Password.
- Current Users: If you have a retirement plan account through another employer for which Empower is the service provider, please call Empower Retirement at 866-247-0970 to obtain a Username and Password.
Teammates who are at least 18 years of age are eligible to participate in the ADVANTAGE plan upon hire, including PRN teammates. This plan is available to our PRN teammates who are not eligible to contribute to the 401(k) Retirement Savings plan.
- Provides an additional savings plan where you can make additional pretax contributions after taking full advantage of the 401(k) and HSA plans.
- This plan is available to our PRN teammates who are not eligible to contribute to the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
- Contributions are automatically deducted before you pay current income taxes.
- Investments grow tax-deferred and are taxed only when you take a distribution.
- You may contribute a dollar amount between $1.00 and any dollar amount of your eligible pay, up to the annual IRS contribution limit of $19,000 in 2019.
- Catch-up contributions are allowed for teammates who will be age 50 & older in the current calendar year.
- The plan features immediate 100% vesting.
- Teammates can participate in both the 401(k) and the ADVANTAGE plans.
- Atrium Health does not make matching contributions to this plan.